I am very excited to announce to you my Vegetarian Arepa creation. In honor of “Dia Mundial de la Arepa” which means Arepa International Day. I put together this delicious combination to celebrate my venezuelan traditions together with many arepa fans in the whole world.
Arepa is the famous most typical dish from my country Venezuela. They look like a unique sandwich. They are made out of corn flour and is the staple of our cuisine. Arepas are also very popular in Colombia, our neighbor country. Colombian Arepas are delicious too!
<img class="alignnone size-full wp-image-412" alt="Vegetarian venezuelan arepa made by strongvida.com" src="http://strongvida.com.s187182.gridserver.com/assets/2014/09/Arepa-vegetarian-dia_Mundial-avocado-plantains-eggs-strong_vida.jpg" width="640" height="500" srcset="http://strongvida.com.s187182.gridserver.com/assets/2014/09/Arepa-vegetarian-dia_Mundial-avocado-plantains-eggs-strong_vida.jpg 640w, http://strongvida.com viagra super force.s187182.gridserver.com/assets/2014/09/Arepa-vegetarian-dia_Mundial-avocado-plantains-eggs-strong_vida-300×234.jpg 300w, http://strongvida.com.s187182.gridserver.com/assets/2014/09/Arepa-vegetarian-dia_Mundial-avocado-plantains-eggs-strong_vida-190×148.jpg 190w, http://strongvida.com.s187182.gridserver.com/assets/2014/09/Arepa-vegetarian-dia_Mundial-avocado-plantains-eggs-strong_vida-280×218.jpg 280w, http://strongvida.com.s187182.gridserver.com/assets/2014/09/Arepa-vegetarian-dia_Mundial-avocado-plantains-eggs-strong_vida-445×347.jpg 445w, http://strongvida.com.s187182.gridserver.com/assets/2014/09/Arepa-vegetarian-dia_Mundial-avocado-plantains-eggs-strong_vida-600×468.jpg 600w” sizes=”(max-width: 640px) 100vw, 640px” />
At home we eat Arepas often, specially when the whole family gets together. I also like making Arepas for new friends that have never tried them before. Because I’m vegetarian I love that it’s ingredients are not derived from animals. I love making different healthy versions of them, yet I respect when family and friends like to add non-vegetarian ingredients to them as well.
Eating Arepas together is one of the the few traditions that is still very alive in our family. I love traditions!! and I like keeping them as much as they serve my intentions and align with my true self. Arepas are such a reminder of where I come from, and remembering where I come from is important for me. I hope you like the recipe and that you get to make them!
I suggest you make a passion fruit or guava juice to pair up with these vegetarian Arepas.
What so you think? Would you make them? Please share with me if you do. And if you do toast and celebrate “El Dia Mundial de la Arepa”!!. Remember that what we share can be medicine for someone else and for sure a step closer to a stronger vida!
By September 13, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 12 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
A venezuelan staple dish made out of corn flour and filled with vegetarian ingredients
- 1 avocado fresh
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup spinach fresh
- 2 cups Alternative shreded cheese soy cheese
- 4 tps alternative butter I like using coconut butter
- 1 plantain brown and rape not green
- 1 tps oil I like using coconut oil
- Use the instruction on the "Harina Pan" package to make the arepa dough and make the arepas. I like using an appliance called "tostiarepa" you can find it on amazon.com. But you can make arepas without one perfectly fine as well, just use a skillet.
- Before you put your arepas to cook and after you make the dough, prepare your stuffing ingredients.
Start making a sunny side up egg on a skillet for each arepa once is almost ready add about 5 to 8 spinach leaves to the egg top and turn the heat off.
- Peal off the plantain and cut transversal slices. stir fry them one a hot skillet with your oil of your preference. I like using coconut oil. Once they are ready put them on a paper towel covered plate to absorb the oil.
Have the avocado sliced and the shred cheese ready to serve
- Once your arepas are ready, open them to the half side ways. I like taking all the dough out to make space for the stuffing. Try both ways and see what you prefer.
- Proceed to stuff your arepas with all the ingredients have you have prepared. I like adding them in this order: Butter, spinach/egg, cheese, plantain, avocados.
- Skill Level: Beginner