I love the idea of cooking and being in the kitchen getting creative with healthy food. Yet I don’t have too much time to dedicate in the kitchen these days (I’m sure I’m not alone in the laking time area). So, I’m predicting that I will be posting a lot of easy and quick recipes in the near future just like this quick breakfast rice cakes! This one is my debut recipe!!
I started obsessing with rice cakes during my search for gluten free breakfast options last year. I stumbled upon the idea of trying to substitute bread (I know what you are thinking, is not that hard). The gluten free breads out there are not my favorites, although I do eat them once in a while specially when I’m making sandwiches. Rice cakes were a great option but just a little too blend. So I started to come up with ideas on how to make them special and tasty! and ta-dah!
This recipe takes me 10 minutes in the morning, there are so many variations to it, you can get creative and add or subtract different ingredients depending on what’s available in your fridge. I also recommend it as a pre-workout and post-workout snack
I also eat corn tortillas for breakfast often as a substitute for bread. Be aware, I recommend to get organic ingredients when possible. Specially when using soy, rice and corn. They are the most generically modified ingredients in the market. So if they are not organic they are for sure GMO. If you are vegan you can substitute the scrabbled egg for scramble organic tofu or just cooked quinoa.
What so you think? Would you make this? Have you ever tried a gluten free diet? I would love to hear your thoughts. Remember that what we share can be medicine for someone else and for sure a step closer to a stronger vida!
Quick Breakfast Rice Cakes
By March 4, 2014Published:
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 10 mins
I love the idea of cooking and being in the kitchen getting creative with healthy food. Yet I don't have too much time to dedicate in …
- 1 Beaten egg you can do egg whites only if prefer
- 1 Rice cake Lundberg is my favorite
- 1/4 cup Bruscetta sauce from Trade Joes or make your own
- 1/4 Avocado fresh and organic if possible
- 1/8 cup Alternative shreded cheese almond, rice or soy cheese
- Start by toasting the rice cake on a small toaster oven or in the toaster until it starts looking golden. I set the medium toaster in my oven and it takes about 4-5 min.
While toasting the rice cake scramble the egg on a pan. Add salt and pepper to taste and a little bit of cheese at the end of the cooking time if desire.
- Take the toasted rice cake out of the oven and set it on a plate, proceed to add half of the bruschetta sauce onto the cake, spreading it throughout the whole area.
- Add the scrambled eggs and the other half of the sauce on top of the eggs. Top with avocado slices and the cheese.
This recipe has approx. 284 calories